Monday, July 9, 2007

A Change In Direction

Three weeks from Grandma's Marathon and two weeks into training for the Whistleshop Marathon my knee and shin are not getting any better, not to mention motivation. Resulting in a change of plans and refocusing my attention to the Whistleshop Half Marathon.

The last week I have had a real hard time getting excited for the 16+ mile runs ahead. Focusing on the half is right up my ally and working on speed over endurance will help me prepare for faster marathons next year. It will also be nice to have a few more weeks to rest before I start my half marathon training plan.

I would like to shot for a 7:30 pace for the half marathon as my Grandma's Marathon goal pace was 8:00 minutes, which was a little to aggresive. At the shorter distances I have been able to hold faster paces easiler with a 10K PR of 42 minutes and working on a faster pace for the half will hopefully carry over into next spring.

No comments: