Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Holy Hotness

Well it's officially to hot to run in the middle of the day. I pride myself on running in any weather condition, like the subzero temp with the 20 below windchill this past January. That's easy I can just put another layer of clothing on. Now that it's 90 degrees and very humid, what am I supposed to do, run naked. I wish. Yesterday I ran an easy 5 miles in the middle of the afternoon and I thought by the end I was going to start seeing things. I can handle the heat, it is the mixture of the high humidity that was taking a toll on me.

Saturday I ran my first longer distance of 10 miles since my knee is feeling better. I felt awesome and was able to run hard for a good hour. The week off really helped my knee. I feel good getting back into my usually running schedule. I can still feel discomfort in my knee, however it doesn't hurt after the run and I feel strong when running.

This and next week will be 30-35 mile weeks and I will start my half marathon training on August 6th which gets me right into 40 mile weeks again which I feel good about. The last couple of weeks have been good recovery weeks physically and mentally. Again I will be doing most of my training around my house in Hugo and in St. Paul's Mac-Grove neighborhood. I also made a link to my upcoming training schedule.

No comments: