Friday, August 10, 2007

Training Started

The first week of training isn't going as planned. For the most part I have had a poor running routine lately. I wanted to get healthy and have a strong second half of the year. However I know I need a lot of work at this point, because I don't feel strong. A light month on running has really effected my fitness level and I should have been doing some light weight training and core workouts. On the bright side I am working hard on getting back in the swing of things, increasing my mileage and I plan to improve my strength.

It is still very hot and humid in St. Paul which hasn't let up for a month. Today's 6 mile run was supposed to be 4 miles at threshold with a easy warm up and cool down mile. It basically turned into a light 6 mile jog in the 93 degree heat. Oh well... hopefully the heat makes me a more efficient runner.

No comments: