Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Keep On Keeping On

Last week started out brillant and faded to black. I was above my planned milage going into Friday, however I ended up being out late Friday and Saturday evening. I enjoyed a few drinks each evening, which isn't the norm for me and the body doesn't recovery the way it use too.

My good week running really tapered off into the weekend. Saturday morning I ran a 5k with a time of 21:10 and really didn't push to hard. I was a bit tired and just kept a moderate pace with a easy start. Sunday I planned on a morning 13 miles. I got out at 8am on a beautiful morning, so beautiful I thought to myself, I would love to sit on the porch with my family and have breakfast. So that's what I did. After a couple miles I turned back and said to myself that I would do 10 miles in the evening. Breakfast was wonderful, I made blueberry waffles and enjoyed the morning. We had a full day including a birthday party for my 4 yr old niece and by the evening, after being on my legs all day, I was cashed.

I didn't get my miles in and I didn't make them up Monday. I just looked at my schedule today, ran a few extra miles and kept on keeping on.

No comments: